Coordination of humanitarian response as part of recovery strategies for affected communities in Mykolaiv and Kherson regions
Publication date: January 10, 2024
Presentation of the initiative’s achievements
January 19, 2024, for participants from Kherson region
January 20, 2024, for participants from Mykolaiv region
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Duration: Approximately three hours
Format: Offline in Mykolaiv; Online
Registration: Link to registration
Deadline: Until 5:00 PM on January 18, 2024 Note: Due to limited space, information about the venue will be sent only to selected participants.
For a period exceeding five months in 2023-2024, the Legal Development Network, in partnership with the international humanitarian organization People in Need and with financial support from the UK Government, enhanced the capacity of local governments, volunteer groups, and local activists. This effort aimed to address the challenges posed by a full-scale war, fostering coordination and improving the effectiveness of humanitarian response in the Kherson and Mykolaiv oblasts.
Within the implementation of the initiative, it was possible to achieve:
- Implementation of a coordination mechanism for humanitarian response Link.
- Development of strategic plans for three communities in the Mykolaiv and Kherson oblasts.
- Creation of an IT solution for humanitarian aid providers.
- Launch of a coordinated effort for legal and psychological aid.
We will showcase these and other advancements, along with key findings specific to each area, during the event. This presentation will be of interest to a diverse audience, including:
- Representatives of civil society
- National and international partners engaged in humanitarian response efforts
- Local authorities
- Media representatives
Speakers of the event:
- Olga Nastina, Executive Director of the Legal Development Network
- Vitalii Okhrimenko, Strategic Development Director of the LDN
- Timur Kanataiev, Program Director of the Legal Development Network
- Vadym Zhepalo and Oksana Tropina, Regional Coordinators of the initiative
- Oleh Pylypenko, Head of the Shevchenkove community (Mykolaiv oblast)
- Andriy Botanin, Head of Mishkovo-Pohorilove community (Mykolaiv oblast)
- Ihor Ostrivnyi, Head of the Bilozerka community (Kherson oblast)
If you have notices an error on the web-site, please, highlight the text and press ctrl-enter.