Yevgen Poltenko on the situation in Ukraine and how people can help the Legal Development Network
Yevgen Poltenko serves as the executive director of the Legal Development Network, an association of community-based non-governmental organizations that promotes people-centered justice in Ukraine. He joins Bob Ambrogi on This Week in Legal Blogging to discuss the organization’s efforts to assist Ukrainians amidst the Russian invasion of their country. You can donate directly to the organization here.
- 01:39 – An update on his current situation
- 04:10 – What the Legal Development Network does and how it has responded to the Russian invasion
- 08:20 – The most common legal issues the organization is dealing with now
- 10:01 – How the organization has stepped up during the first weeks of the war
- 11:39 – In some regards, the situation has stabilized, but it remains difficult to cross the border
- 12:51 – How they connect with clients
- 18:25 – Connecting people with local services
- 20:54 – How legal professionals outside of Ukraine can help
- 23:32 – How people can donate to the organization
- 26:14 – The judicial and financial systems are still operating in non-occupied areas
- 29:41 – How the war has already changed Ukraine and beginning to think about what’s next
If you have notices an error on the web-site, please, highlight the text and press ctrl-enter.